Sunday, May 31, 2009

My Low Carb-session

Tomorrow I'm going to embark on a lifestyle that I have previously resisted with a fury. I'm going on a low-carb diet. Actually let me rephrase that since I hate the word diet. I'm going on a low-carb lifestyle. I'm kind of excited about it right now but I'm sure my tummy and my brain will be feeling otherwise by tomorrow afternoon. I decided to try this because prior to a couple of weeks ago, I have been working my butt off working out and 'mostly' eating the right things, and I haven't seen much results. I looked at a typical menu for my day and realized that between the bran cereal for breakfast, fruit and fiber one bars for snack, sandwich for lunch and meat and carbs for dinner....I was having A LOT of carbs/sugar in my day.

Now I want to see some serious results. I'm giving myself 2 months on this to see how I do. During that time I will track what I eat and my exercise also. I also want to take pictures along the way. I really hope that this is something that I can stick with. Because I really do need something to work for me. I may be visiting one of my friends and my mom in August and I really want to be thinner than when I've seen them last.

My typical menu will look something like this:

Breakfast: Omlette and maybe a slice or two of turkey bacon
Snack: strawberries and 1/2 serving of almonds
Lunch: turkey on 1 slice of pumpernickel bread, 1 cup of salad with vinegar
Snack: apple and 1/2 serving of almonds
Dinner: chicken or porkchop with salad, broccoli or some other kind of veggie
Snack (if need be): Stawberry smoothie (strawberries, 1/2 cup of milk, ice, splenda)

So far the only things that excite me from this menu is the 1/2 sandwich and the smoothie. LOL

Good luck to me!

3 comments:

Martalu said...

Well, I'm for it. As on 0+ blood type, I'm supposed to avoid processed carbs, and I feel much better for it. Also, my friend was telling me about a book called Belly Fat Cure, and it pretty much advocates the same type of eating.

Processed carbs are the devil. They're not nutritious. They're addictive. They're empty calories. Why not break the habit? Yay! I hope you find that you feel better after a week, and then you won't miss that stuff! I don't!

Sizzle said...

My diet has consisted of protein and veggies so I feel you, sister. I'd kill for a smoothie! It sounds like you're on the right track. Keep at it. :-)

Gina said...

Thank you for your support ladies! And I agree....it does make me feel much better. I had no idea because I resisted doing it for so long. I look forward to seeing results :-)