Thursday, September 4, 2008

At your service

I'm the type of person that waits for a call back. When someone says "I'll call you back" doesn't that usually mean that they will call you back? It doesn't really irritate me so much when my friends do it, but when I'm involved in a "relationship" (or whatever dysfunctional friendship I'm involved in), I get annoyed when they say they will call me back and then don't. I'm not just talking a one time thing or even a once in a while thing....I'm talking about when it's a habit. When I get to the point where they say "I'll call you back" and I mutter to myself "Yeah right." It pisses me off because it's rude.

I wonder if it's because I am someone that makes herself too available to people. Whenever a person calls, I pick up most of the time unless I'm in a place where I can't. But I'm always there, day or night. People never have to worry about whether or not they are going to reach me because I'm always there. But how do I change that? How do I stop being me? It's not like me to just look at my phone, see who's calling and ignore it. How does one make themselves less available when they are always available? Maybe I should start doing the ignoring. Because being too available means being unappreciated...... apparently.

Rant over.

No comments: