Thursday, April 2, 2009

Can I Borrow Someone's Boot?

I'm still sore today. But I'll take this kind of sore for being overweight any day. I'm also in a funk today. I was fooling around with the camera the other night and took some pictures. Looking at those pictures reminded me that I need to keep working out and really focus on eating better. Today I'm afraid that I will never lose weight. I am afraid of that because sometimes when I'm done with lunch and I realize I am not satisfied and could eat more, that is a depressing thought. Also my night time snacking, while better than it was before, has not stopped. It doesn't happen every night anymore, but it happened last night.

Oh and what's with the fact that I came home from dinner at my dad's with three stuffed shells as leftovers and decided that I needed to eat them last night to finish them up so I won't have to deal with counting the calories on them another day? Why couldn't I just throw them out? Or save them for another meal? Because I didn't want to. I find creative (and sometimes not-so-creative) excuses not to do what I'm supposed to do. Then I end up feeling bad about it. I've been working my ass off at the gym, for what? To maintain. If I'm going to work out so much, I want to see results from it dammit! I'm pissed off at myself that I'm doing all this work just to make up for what I've eaten. I need to give myself a good swift kick in the pants.

3 comments:

Martalu said...

You better quit beating yourself up! These things take time, and I think the most important thing we can ever do is to never give up. Baby steps all the time until the good habits become your preference. It happens! To this day, I just cannot eat hamburgers and fries or ice cream like I used to. Now they're just treats, maybe once a year. What a difference compared to 2 years ago when I ate that stuff every day!

Gina said...

I know, I'm my biggest critic ugh. Baby steps for sure...I just need to stop taking them backwards. I can't wait to get to that point where I consider them "treats"!
Thank you for the boost....I needed it!! :o)

Foo said...

I do the exact same thing. Leftovers, I should NEVER even take them home. I just can't put them in the freezer or fridge for another day. It's o.k. to take some steps backwards, as long as you learn something from the slide. Hang in there!