Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Something Old, Something New

I can't say that I've been insanely busy. Just not present ...here that is. Nothing extraordinary has happened since my sucky birthday which got me to thinking last night how short life seems. I'm no longer the kid anymore at work (although I am the youngest in my small office) and I don't do much of anything except the same routine stuff every day. I like to say I'm a good mom but I don't think I show my appreciation and love to my son nearly as much as I should considering what a great, well behaved kid he is. And I don't take time to do really big things for myself. My last real vacation where I actually went somewhere, stayed in a hotel and saw some sights was years and years ago.

So I've enlisted a couple girlfriends to at least think about going on a vacation early next year. I want to see something I haven't seen. I want to stay in a nice hotel and pamper myself and not think about my diet. I don't really feel like flying, but I will if I have to. Also having something huge like this is a good motivation to take some pounds off. I'm excited about the possibilities.

1 comment:

Martalu said...

Hey gal! I can't find your email address, so here it goes: I'm sorry you had a shitty b-day. I absolutely hate that for you. I think you are doing the right thing with ole what's-his-name. You are a good person and deserve to be treated with respect and adoration. Don't settle for less, and believe in yourself. You're doing great things! Also, come visit me if you want!