Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Busy Year

It's that time again, back to school for both my son and I. It's going to be a busy year for me. I'm hoping to be transferred to another office at the end of the year when my bosses retire and the new administration comes in. This will hopefully result in a new position for me with more money. I have to keep communication open with my boss to see that it happens.

School starts in a couple of weeks. I got two out of three course requirements and I'll have a lot of work to do. I'm so NOT looking forward to it.

My son is a senior this year, and also involved in two sports....football and then baseball in the spring. So in between running him to practice and games, I need to set up a plan for him next year. Since he has no idea what he wants to do and no motivation to figure it out, it will be up to me to lay something out for him. If for nothing else, he will need to go to school full time in order to stay on my health insurance, or get a full time job and pay for his own.

In order to do either of those things, he'll need a car. Which means getting him to study for his permit and take the test, then take him out driving. All the while I will be putting money away to buy him a cheap yet hopefully reliable car. There's no chance of him being able to get one for himself since he won't be able to get a job until next June, after baseball season.

Aside from all that, I still have the goal to lose weight and be in better shape, which means continuing to fit workouts in. I'm getting tired just thinking about all that needs to be done. One step at a time, I suppose. This year is going to go too fast. I must find time to enjoy my son, which is at the top of the list.

No comments: