Saturday, June 26, 2010

Teaching An Old Dog New Tricks

I have a bad habit of needing to know things. Even if those things are ones that will hurt me, I will still aim to find out the truth. Sometimes I feel like I'm obsessed with finding out the truth because I hate being lied to. But what when it comes down to it, the truth that I try so hard to seek does nothing but hurt me and make me feel bad. I guess what I fear most though is that I will go on living my life and thinking that everything is ok, and the rug will be ripped out from under me like it has so many other times in my life. I don't like surprises, especially bad ones so I feel the need to always know what is going on around me even if I don't like it.

So is it really worth it? Is ignorance really bliss? I'm starting to think that maybe it is. I think it's time that I try to stop figuring things out and let life happen. It's going to happen anyway whether I look for it or not. I'm sure it's not going to be easy abandoning some of my habits and I'm also sure that I'll stumble along the way, but I can at least TRY.

Other than this little revelation, today has been an unproductive day. I slept most of the day which made up for my lack of sleep all week. I kind of feel bad for sleeping the day away but I needed it. Let's hope the upcoming work week brings more sleep than the last one. Cheers!