Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Make it stop!!

Snow. It's barely winter (technically) and I've already had three terrifying rides home from work. Tomorrow looks to be the same. We are getting another snow storm and I'm sick of this weather already!! My boss was talking all day about the storm, telling us not to "kill ourselves" to come in tomorrow. Yet when I say goodnight to him he said "have a safe drive in the morning". Huh? Sorry but if it's going to be freezing rain like they say, I'm not coming in. I'm riding in a death trap as it is, I don't need ice and snow to make it even more terrifying. Sheesh. As much as I don't want to go in to work sometimes, I would rather have the weather be dry and safe.

Thursday I'm going to meet with my son's guidance counselor and teachers. As usual, he is not doing well in school and it's mostly because of homework he's not doing, or losing. Sometimes I feel like I'm failing as a parent, but a parent can only do so much. I can only see and know what he shows me as far as what work needs to be done. We've been going through this since he was in 4th grade. Sometimes I wish they could come up with an alternate plan where he didn't have to do homework because he's not dumb, he's just lazy and forgetful. He's taking Algebra this year and they don't give them homework, his grade is in the 90's. It's just very frustrating as a parent to watch your child head for a life of financial struggles if he doesn't get his act together. So Thursday I meet up with them and figure out if there is something different we can do. I'm also going to look into a Votec program for him next year so at least he could learn some sort of trade or get a jump start on a career.

Man I feel old.

No comments: