Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Jason Mesnick, you disappoint me!

I've started several other blogs in the last week or so but I have not had time to finish because I've been busy. Today, however, I will make the time to talk about the controversial final show of the Bachelor last night. I normally don't comment too much about shows. I save all that for discussions with my friends. But last night's show deserves comment.

First of all, let me start out by saying that I loved Jason Mesnick!! He seemed like a wonderful guy. He seemed perfect, which should have been a red flag to me in the beginning but I am known for ignoring red flags. Anyway Jason is handsome, funny, charming, sensitive and sweet. He has a really nice body, seems to be a wonderful father and he's one of the rare few guys that is able to put his heart on his sleeve and be real about what he wants without all the games.......or so that is what we were led to believe.

At the end of the final show, I still loved Jason Mesnick and he picked Melissa, asked her to marry him and it seemed like they would live happily ever after. Three short minutes later I was shocked, disgusted and proven to be horribly wrong. Jason brings poor Melissa on the after show only to tell her that the chemistry wasn't there between them anymore, and that for a few weeks prior, he had not been able to stop thinking about Molly, the girl he DIDN'T choose. Hm.

I had to put myself in check because right away I was bashing him silently in my head for breaking this girl's heart. Getting your heart broken is the worst feeling in the world, but really how can you blame someone for not being in love with you? You can't.

You can, however, blame them for how they handle a situation. Jason and Melissa spent some time together after the show. They even spent the holidays together. I gathered from what they said on the show that they talked on the phone and texted often since they couldn't be seen in public together. So during any of that time, do you think Jason maybe could have arranged for a secret visit to her or even called her up on the phone to tell her all this, instead of bringing her on National television to humiliate her? I guess that would be asking too much?

I realize this is a "reality" show and it was probably done for the ratings. But if that's the case, ABC really outdid themselves this time. It's one thing to have all these women putting themselves out there (and some making fools of themselves) to find love. It's another thing to publicly humiliate someone to get some ratings. Not only that, but what about the fans of the show? What about the people that took two hours out of their night every Monday to follow the story of the single dad from Seattle, WA who had his own heart broken by his ex-wife, and who was trying to find love? What a waste of time! Many people would say that watching a crappy show like this is a waste of time in itself, but whatever. People find entertainment in their own way.

I'm disgusted with what Jason did to Melissa. It was cruel, unnecessary and heartless. Maybe I'm naieve but I thought he was one of the good guys. Because let's face it,....these days finding a good guy that self-absorbed, selfish, dishonest or TAKEN isn't an easy task.. I guess Jason proves that to be true.

Tonight is part 2 of the "After the Rose" show and I'm not one to wish heart break on anyone, but I hope that Molly has dumped him since the taping. I hope he ends up being alone and unlucky in love. Then maybe he'll have some time to spend with himself figuring out how to actually treat a woman before going on National TV trying to find one.

I was reading an article today and I came across someone's blog and this person summed it up perfectly and it's exactly the way that I feel. (Except for the last one which I will paragraph which I will modify to fit my own life). These are the things that I believe to be true:

Tears don’t mean someone is sensitive. I tend to be very trusting of people and if they cry, I feel bad for them. When Jason cried I interpreted it as genuine concern for the women. Nope. Jason is just immature.

Editing can make someone into anyone. Then I started to think maybe Jason wasn’t that great all along. Maybe it was just really, really, really good editing.

I watch too much reality TV. I see it as entertainment, a way to relax after a day of work. But after last night I feel like it is a waste of my precsious life.

I am so blessed. I am blessed that any heartbreak I've ever gone through has been in the privacy of my own life. Not displayed on National TV for the entire world to see.

Oh and one last thing. Ty? If you are looking for a positive role model, please look further than your father.

There, I'm done venting. For now. :o)

No comments: