Tuesday, February 3, 2009

G is for

One of my favorite bloggers, Sizzle (and darnit, I don't know how to link her name to her page but some day I will figure it out!) posted a pretty cool list of all of her favorite things that begin with the letter R. I need some fun on my page so I wanted to play, and she has given me the letter G. So here goes:

1) God

I do love God, although I do not talk to him enough. I talk to him when I need him and that's not a very fair or balanced relationship. Who would want a friend to call them only when they needed something? Certainly not me, so I need to work on having him in my life more.

2) Gabbing

I'm a phone person. I can gab on the phone for hours, depending on who I'm talking to. If it's a man I like you can pretty much guarantee that I can stay on the phone gabbing until he's ready to end the conversation. Which leads me to my next favorite....

3) Guys

Enough said.

4) Grass

No, not the kind you smoke! One of my favorite scents in the spring and summer is the scent of a freshly mowed lawn. It reminds me of the beauty of the nature, the warmth of the season and gives me the need to be outside as much as I can. I also love the way grass looks after it's mowed. The short, crisp, bright green blades which sometimes give a lawn the appearance of being "velvety". Is that a real word? If not, I'm ok with that.

5) Gum

I love chewing gum, and there's not many flavors that I don't like. My current favorite gum is "5" - Cobalt Blue flavor. It keeps it's flavor for a long time, probably longer than any other gum I've tried. Another thing I like about gum is the way I can make it snap between my teeth when I chew it. I prefer that to blowing bubbles. One time when I was younger I chewed a whole pack of Bubble Yum at once. I blew one hell of a bubble.

6) Gym

Ok, let me clarify. Is the gym one of my "favorite" things? No. Heck, sometimes I have to drag myself there and I don't particularly enjoy it. Other times, I think about it during my work day and I can't wait to get there. But I enjoy the gym because of what it does for me physically and mentally. Going to the gym helped me get through one of the worst weeks of my life recently. I feel good after a workout and it does wonders to my mood. I don't know how I would have made it through that one terrible week if I had not gone to the gym.

7) Games

I like board games and most of the games I play are with my son, so they aren't very "adult". I enjoy playing "Sorry" with him, but I refuse to play Checkers or Connect Four because he kicks my ass every time. I really really enjoy computer games. My favorite site these days is Gameland (http://www.gameland.com) and my favorite game to play is "Yipee" which is the computer version of Yahtzee.

8) Garage

I didn't realize until recently how much I love my garage. Sometime over the summer I put my old couch and loveseat in the garage and had every intention of bringing it to my sisters to put in the trash (she pays for garbage and they pick up anything and everything) but I never got around to it. Fast forward to the end of fall/beginning of winter. Once the first frost hit, I realized how badly I wanted to put my car in the garage every morning as I was out there scraping the frost and ice off my windows. I went through that for about 3 weeks before I finally cleaned out my garage and now every morning I take joy in knowing that I don't have to scrape ice or wipe snow off my car. I love my garage very much.

9) Gardens

I don't have a green thumb at all. I enjoy looking at other people's gardens. I think they are pretty and I like seeing different brightly colored flowers. It makes me happy. I live in a duplex and my next door neighbor is in charge of keeping up the property. His wife has a green thumb and has turned our back yard into a quiet, pretty haven of flowers and birdfeeders. I love spending time on my deck looking at the flowers and birds.

10) Gatherings

I like gatherings of friends and family. I like being around people that I know very well and that I love. I like reminiscing about old times and making new memories. My favorite gathering happens every Christmas. The mood is happy, fun and exciting.

These are my G's....I could go on and on but thankfully the limit was 10. Now I'm going to bed. Goodnight!!

1 comment:

Sizzle said...

I can't chew gum. I've got the TMJ. My jaw pops! But I love board games. You did a great job with the letter G.

:-)