Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sometimes a few extra steps are worth it...

I'm going to try to incorporate more about my weight loss efforts in this blog, along with my random thoughts and experiences. I did well yesterday......until AGAIN in the late evening around 1AM just before bed, I'm starving. So I had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (better than 4 pcs of toast, but geez!) and a small glass of FF. I swear if these late night "snacks" are going to prohibit my weight loss I will have to drug myself to go to sleep at 9PM just so I don't eat. The only thing I'm counting on is that I'm trying to keep my diet at around 1500 calories. That is WAY less than what I need to lose weight, plus I'm working out. But still, I gotta find a way to stop this nonsense. Oh, and the popcorn sprinkle doesn't work, I tried. I also tried the butterspray last night so that the white cheddar sprinkle would stick to it better. It didn't. I've decided I don't like the sprinkle anymore and I wish I had my $1.89 back. LOL

Today I've already not done so well. I had a chocolate covered cherry for 75 calories and a Cadbury creme egg that I bought yesterday for 170 calories. Damn me. But I will work that into my 1500 calories for today and suffer later.

I had an annoying experience at the gym last night. I went to the gym, although I really did not feel like going. But I did it. So, you know how January - March everyone starts going to the gym so that they can try to get fit for swimsuit season? Well, this makes for a very crowded parking lot, especially at my gym because my gym is on a small lot instead of the other gym which is in a huge parking lot with other stores. Anyway....since January 1st I've had to fight tooth and nail for spots some nights. Sometimes circling the parking lot 7 times (no lie!) before I finally get a spot. Other nights I don't have to, but I'm way at the other end of the lot, which is ok by me because hey, I'm there to exercise anyway. A few extra steps is better than none.

Last night I pull in.....and I really just want to get the workout over with. As I pull in, I see a spot, up front across from the door, near where people pull in. It was a little tight, but I squeezed in there and left enough room for the guy on the other side of me to get out, although I had to squeeze out between my door and the other car though, but whatever. I was near the door!!!! I thought....how cool is this? I don't think I've ever been that close in the winter time. I'll zip in, zip out and nobody will get hurt.

Wrong. I'm the one that got hurt.

So I do my workout, and I'm in a rush to leave because I had to pick some groceries up at the store and I just want to get home. I'm going to my car and I see this woman pull in. Don't forget, I'm right near the entrance of the driveway where people come in, plus there is a truck parked (illegally) along the sidewalk in front of the gym not directly behind me, but enough where I'll have to be careful when I pull out. So she sees I'm leaving and she stops and puts her directional signal on. She stops right in front of the car next to me, thus blocking all of the traffic getting in. So the people trying to get in, have to go around her, thus making the people trying to get OUT having to wait. I must have picked the perfect time to get out......everybody was coming and going. I literally must have waited two minutes before I could even begin to get out. Finally it's my turn. Yay. I back out of the spot, and I can see from my rearview mirror that I'm getting really close to that truck parked on the sidewalk and I can't go back any further, No problem...I'll turn my wheel so I could go forward and hightail it out of there. Only I couldn't pull forward, because little miss lazy with her blinker on, was blocking the only way that I could possibly get out. I sat there for a second, looking at her. She looked back at me with a blank look in her eyes. So I motioned her to move back. She stared at me for a moment, not quite comprehending the hand signals. I motioned again, slowly this time. She got it. She turned to look behind her and wouldn't you know, another car was pulling in. Great. So she was blocking one side of the narrow driveway and I was blocking the other. So I pulled back in to let the other car go around her and I try again. Again, I couldn't get out. Again, she sat there like a deer in headlights. I realized that she wasn't going to move. She must not have realized that in order for me to get out of the lot, I would have to crash into her front grill and literally push her vehicle back, most likely out into the street, so that I could leave.

I was pissed now.

I violently pulled my car back into it's spot. I put the car in park and whipped my door open. I threw myself out of the car and walked around to the back of my car, now in her view. I could not control the tone or decibal of my voice when I screamed "I CAN'T GET OUT. MOVE!" She stared at me for a second, looking as though she were trying to piece those words together on her own to make a full sentence. Then she rolled her eyes and finally moved, realizing that she might actually have to walk an extra 10 seconds from the lot to the door. Pretty ironic since we're at the GYM.

I will never, ever park in front again. I would rather walk in the freezing cold on the sheet of ice in the parking lot to go through that torture again.

No comments: