Friday, February 6, 2009

Mirror, Mirror on the Wall...

My mood has improved since yesterday although I'm not 100%. Plus I just ate two chocolate covered cherries which were SO not needed, But the more I avoided them, the more I wanted one and then I felt like I was depriving myself and if I deprived myself I would get frustrated at this whole "way of life thing". Isn't it great how we can justify the food we eat??? Anyway I will make up for the 150 calories and remove a couple of things from my menu today. Then I won't feel so guilty!

I'm looking forward to the weekend! I can't wait until 5:00 today, this day is dragging on! After work, I'll go and work out which I desperately need since I skipped the last two days. My son is home sick today and won't be going to his dad's until tomorrow, so I will hang out with him tonight, dote on him and love him up until he's sick of me. LOL Then I've got to do the homework that I've put off all week in my Visual Basic Class, but I'm really getting the hang of it so I don't think it would take me long to knock out a whole lesson in one sitting. Tomorrow I'm hoping to go up to a friends house which is about 20 minutes away....she just moved in to a new apartment with her bf and I want to check out the place. While I'm there, she lives right across from the mall so I want to take advantage of the $50 gift card I got for Christmas and get myself a new pair of workout sneakers. I'm excited. After that it will be home then cleaning because I would like to devote Sunday to relaxing.

My friend just backed out of working out tonight, which secretly was ok with me. I convinced myself that I could go another night (the third in a row) without working out and I would go tomorrow and Sunday. Then I went into the bathroom. Whenever I go into the bathroom at work, I do not look in the full length mirror. Actually, I try to avoid the smaller mirrors on the wall as well, because the flourescent lights show every single flaw (and maybe even a few that aren't there, I don't know) that I have. So usually I look everywhere but the mirror....I get in, get out and nobody gets hurt. Today I accidentally caught a glimpse of myself and I actually got scared for a moment. It looked like an imposter stole my body plopped my head on a short, fat, round body with bigger hips, tree trunks for legs and looking about 8 months impregnated. I don't like this! I'm going to the gym and me thinks that maybe I should look at myself in the mirror every day for that extra motivation.

No comments: